ASON/GMPLS Control Plane Software
Sycamore’s ASON/GMPLS-compliant control plane software, embedded across our SN 9000 and SN 16000 switching systems, enables support for existing and emerging technologies and services, mesh survivability, and multi-vendor, multi-layer interoperability. Together, Sycamore’s ASON/GMPLS control plane and SILVX network management enable network operators to increase operational efficiencies, reduce CapEx, enhance service differentiation, and guarantee service level agreements with confidence. Simply put, intelligent software sets Sycamore switches apart.
Exceptional network and service awareness, unmatched scalability, and diverse protection options enable rapid, end-to-end provisioning while reducing operational cost and complexity. Fully integrated and shared across Sycamore's edge-to-core optical switching portfolio, our ASON/GMPLS software optimizes bandwidth utilization in any network architecture and simplifies the introduction of process automation and mesh restoration.
- Realize the cost savings and operational benefits of an intelligent control plane without disrupting existing networks and services
- Ensure rapid service recovery – even from multiple, simultaneous network failures – as proven in Tier 1 network deployments
- Increase service differentiation with easily customized protection schemes and guarantee service level agreements with confidence
- Establish a robust software foundation for seamless evolution from circuits to packets, and gradual transition toward automated networks and dynamic services
- Common networking software, unified under a single management view, empowers the automated provisioning, routing, protection, restoration and management of end-to-end connections
- Unmatched topology, element, and capacity awareness shortens time-to-revenue and supplies real-time data that improves network management, planning, and traffic engineering
- Diversely routed circuits and distributed intelligence enhance survivability and disaster recovery in mission-critical communications networks
- Architected to support evolving interoperability standards and control plane technologies and enable more efficient, cost-optimized next-generation transport architectures