DNX-1u Access Gateway
The DNX-1u combines digital cross-connect, cost-effective bandwidth grooming, and remote site management functions into a single, integrated device that improves the overall manageability and economics of the radio access network (RAN). Reducing network costs and complexity, and increasing visibility into cell site infrastructure, offers mobile operators a compelling value proposition.
The DNX-1u empowers mobile operators to deploy, scale, and manage an increasing array of voice and data services while extracting maximum value from existing TDM infrastructure. Eliminating multiple single-function devices and allowing diverse services to share common transmission facilities improves manageability – and establishes a clear migration path to next-generation networking.
- Gain visibility into previously unmanaged devices (e.g., air-conditioning, access doors, power systems) at remote cell sites
- Shorten problem resolution and service restoration times, preventing or minimizing revenue impacts
- Ease transition toward next-generation technologies in mobile wireless networks
- Reduce or eliminate recurring OpEx (e.g., backhaul transmission expenses, space and power consumption, site maintenance) and minimize CapEx going forward
- Improve multi-port T1 CSU application efficiencies with flexible, per-port configuration tools and enhanced diagnostics
- Mobile base station equipment consolidation eliminates the need for discrete network elements, such as CSUs, routers, channel banks, and telemetry gear – and simplifies sparing
- Remote telemetry functions enable virtually every device at remote cell sites to be managed from a network operations center (NOC) or other central location
- Automatic Protection Switching (APS), multiple system redundancies, and remote diagnostic capabilities combine to enhance reliability and network availability
- Isolating alarms prior to dispatch alleviates the need for on-site technicians, yet properly equips technical personnel if dispatch is required