SILVX Network Management
Imagine innovative, integrated, and scalable solutions for simplifying the end-to-end provisioning and management of high-speed bandwidth services – from one, unified management platform. An infrastructure built on the exceptional awareness and intelligence of SILVX software creates new operational efficiencies and new service opportunities, and adapts gracefully to relentless change.
Robust and reliable SILVX provides network-level management of Sycamore switches, with multi-layer visibility and ease of use that greatly improve efficiency throughout the network operations lifecycle. Together, SILVX and our ASON/GMPLS control plane software speed provisioning and restoration, simplify troubleshooting, and empower the real-time capacity utilization views required for next-generation resource management.
- Shorten development cycles and reduce the cost of introducing carrier-class Ethernet Private Line and other advanced data services
- Improve visibility and control of network resources, making it easier to correlate multi-layer service information and translate complex network statistics into usable information
- Build a reliable software foundation for multiservice flexibility, non-disruptive scalability, and seamless circuit/packet convergence
- Put the pace of change at your fingertips – distribute bandwidth with point-and-click speed and simplicity, gradually and selectively turn up automated features
- Full FCAPS management functions and a choice of industry-standard OSS interfaces ensure smooth integration with existing systems and procedures, and carrier-class reliability
- Layered services management, our name for inter-layer correlation and service management views, enables logical service partitioning and advanced multi-layer resource management
- Enhanced security features, including RADIUS central authentication and support for IPsec trusted path, protect the integrity of vital communications and infrastructure
- SilvxManager® for Windows provides the full suite of SILVX features in an economical service management solution for evolving metro and regional networks
Fully Integrated Network and Service Management
- SilvxManager® NMS and SilvxSource® node-level intelligence share a common software base that encompasses every management function from provisioning to performance monitoring. SILVX leverages Sycamore's ASON/GMPLS-compliant control plane intelligence to achieve the real-time capacity utilization and circuit routing views that empower next-generation service awareness and resource management. Our ASON/GMPLS software underpins automatic topology discovery; dynamic end-to-end provisioning in any network topology; and optical mesh resiliency.
- SilvxManager® for Windows extends the full suite of SILVX features – proven in Tier 1 networks around the world – into an economical service management solution for today’s evolving metro and regional networks, with an easy-to-use graphical user interface and security features that enhance multiservice provisioning and multi-layer performance monitoring.
- SilvxOSS® provides a choice of interchangeable, industry-standard interfaces (TMF-CORBA, TL1, XML, SNMP) to ensure smooth integration with existing management systems and operational procedures while reducing OSS maintenance, improving network reliability and scalability – and forming a single-source gateway into Sycamore switching intelligence.
- SILVX Hot Standby ensures against disaster or data loss, with primary and standby database sites providing full system redundancy and carrier-class network availability. Hot Standby automates much of the database synchronization and restoration process, minimizing unacceptable server downtime and enhancing the survivability of vital infrastructure.
- SILVX InSight® network design and analysis applications optimize Sycamore switch deployments in ring-based and mesh-based networks with least-cost designs, shorten timeframes from design to deployment, and allow "what if" failure scenarios for advance insight into how the network will behave. In production networks, SILVX InSight enhances performance monitoring, capacity management, and operational efficiency.