SN 9000 Intelligent Multiservice Switch
Only one next-generation packet/optical networking platform efficiently aggregates, grooms, and switches a full spectrum of circuit and packet services, from edge to core, with industry-leading intelligence. Deployed in real-world networks, the SN 9000 minimizes up-front costs, substantially reduces operational cost and complexity, and enables just-in-time evolution and expansion.
Replace stacks of aging equipment with a single platform that delivers high-density, multiservice aggregation, modular architecture, and any-service-on-any-port configuration flexibility. By combining high and low-order DCS, ADM, multirate Ethernet and optical transport in a single, compact system, the SN 9000 brings new efficiency and economy to edge, hub, metro, and regional core networks.
- Take the fast, powerful on-ramp to packet-optimized networking, with point-and-click provisioning, enhanced capacity utilization, and cost-effective scalability
- Satisfy customers with any mix of traditional, transitional, and next-gen services – resilient, scalable and secure voice, data, and video
- Ensure service reliability with intelligent optical mesh resiliency and proven ability to survive simultaneous network failures
- Increase profitability and reduce total cost of network ownership, from initial deployment costs to recurring operational expenses
- Innovative licensing applies the pay-as-you-grow concept to bandwidth capacity, via non-disruptive, in-service upgrades (80 to 160 Gbps, 80 to 320 Gbps, or 160 to 320 Gbps)
- Carrier-class Ethernet transport, enabled by a network-wide packet switching layer, extends bandwidth optimization to multiple network segments and service layers and facilitates IP/optical convergence
- Port-agnostic support for circuit/packet services, and for 10/100/1000 Mbps on one Multirate Ethernet Card (with Layer 2 functionality), simplifies service introductions and upgrades, node configurations, and network evolution
- Intelligent bandwidth management – common control plane software embedded across Sycamore switching platforms and unified under a single management view – enables instant provisioning, routing, protection, restoration and management of end-to-end connections